If you own HITMAN 2, the HITMAN Legacy Pack, or the HITMAN 2 Expansion Pass, you will need to download and install any included campaign levels or destinations, sniper assassin maps, special assignments, and customization packs outside of the game through the steps provided for each platform below.
To access and start downloading your add-ons, please follow these steps.
- In the [Games home screen], scroll to the right and select [Game Library].
- Select the correct game from your library
- Scroll down to highlight and select the [Add On] section
- Select the content that you wish to download or purchase. Scrolling to the right will present a View All option where you can download specific add-ons.
If you've found that some add-on content is not displaying in that menu, there are some other steps you can take to locate add-ons you might be entitled to download.
- Highlight the game in your PS5 menu or scroll to the right and highlight it in your [Game Library].
- Press the Options button on your wireless controller and choose [Manage Game Content].
- In the next screen, you'll see a list of add-on content that you own and which content has been installed so far. Add-ons can be queued up for download by selecting the download arrow icon next to the content you wish to install.
- If the content has finished installing, you should now be able to see it when you next launch the game.
- Visit the page for your game in your PS4 Home Menu or Game Library.
- Select the game and scroll down to the “PlayStation™ Store” section at the bottom.
- From the “Your Add-ons” section, you can manually download individual pieces of released content that you already own, including the latest character.
- If the content you are looking for is not listed under “Your Add-ons,” you can scroll past this option in the “PlayStation™Store” section of the Game Page and select “View All.”
- Content that you are entitled to download for free, but do not already own, will be shown here with a cost listed as “Free.”
- After selecting the content and starting the download, it will be listed under “Your Add-ons,” if you want to download it again in the future.
If the Add-On content you are looking for doesn't show up in the "Your Add-Ons" or "View all" list, we suggest launching the PlayStation Store outside of the game and searching for the content by name. For example, if you just purchased the Expansion Pass, try to search for "New York", "Haven Island", or "Special Assignments Pack 1" and "Special Assignments Pack 2". You should see the HITMAN 2 listings of these files and be able to start your download from the store listing.
If you have followed the steps above on your PS4, and the DLC is still not accessible in-game after confirming that it is installed, you can try the “Restore License” steps from Sony here. After doing this you can then check "Your Add-ons" again to see if this DLC is now available, or check in-game to see whether it is available to use.
Xbox One, Xbox Series S, and Xbox Series X
- Go to My Games and Apps.
- Locate your title under the Games section and press the [View] button on your controller (the button with 2 square icons under the Xbox button).
- Select your game on the right side of the screen with the [A] button.
- On the drop-down menu where you see the text [All items], press the A button and choose [Ready to Install].
- Select the available add-on that you wish to install or press [Select all].
- Highlight Save changes and press the [A] button. This add-on content will be added to your download queue!
If you find that you're still having trouble accessing some add-on content, we suggest giving these steps a try:
- Fully close/quit out of the game on your console
- Select Manage game and add-ons -> Uninstall impacted add-ons
- Settings -> General -> Power mode & startup > Full shutdown
- Wait a minute
- Restart Xbox
- Select Manage game and add-ons > reinstall the impacted add-on content.
- Go to [Library] in Steam.
- Locate the correct title in your list of games, then right-click it and select [Properties].
- On the DLC tab of the Properties menu, any DLC you own will be listed.
- Under the "Install" column, a checkbox will show if the DLC has been downloaded and installed.
- You can check this box to start the download.
If the “Install” box for the add-on content is already checked but you still cannot access it in-game, follow these instructions:
- Open the [Properties] menu for the game in your Steam Library again.
- Click the [Local Files] tab.
- From here, select [Verify Integrity of Game Files].
- After this process completes, check in-game again to see whether you can now access the content you are trying to use.