Just starting to jump into Brawling? Check out these great tips and important information regarding Bakugan Brawls, Brawlers, and Gameplay!
Table of Contents
- Faction Advantages
- Baku Abilities
- Brawler Abilities
Throughout your journeys in Story Mode and Multiplayer Mode, one thing that never loses its charm, is brawling. Here are the Rules and Regulations of Brawling!
Initiating the Brawl
- Before your brawl, you will see the composition of both you and your challenger’s teams. You can decline the brawl if you need to make adjustments before you start. (Tip: Remember your faction resistances!)
- When talking to a challenger, you will have the option to initiate the brawl by agreeing to the teams shown at the top of the screen. In Multiplayer Mode selecting “Any Player” or “Friends” will initiate the brawl.
How to Brawl
- While in a Brawl, the first Bakugan selected in your “Team Menu” will start on the Hide Matrix (Arena).
- You will need to navigate your brawler around the Hide Matrix in order to collect BakuCores that charge up your Bakugan’s energy and allow to use Abilities.
- The BakuCores needed are found on the ground throughout the brawl, they are found in the form of a bright Hexagon, called a Hide Matrix.
- You will need to pick them up while your opponent is doing the same!
- Look for the BakuCores that glow more brightly and prioritize these. The brighter it glows, the more energy it provides.
- Your Bakugan’s HP is located in the top left corner of the screen and the Baku-Abilities are located on the bottom left corner (each ability will have a marker for the amount of energy needed to use it).
- After using an ability, the ability will go on “Cooldown” and turn grey for a short period of time. The timer shows you when it’s ready to use again.
- Defeat all the opposing Bakugan by depleting their HP to Zero to win the brawl!
- All Bakugan will regenerate to Full HP (Health Points) after every brawl.
- There is no penalty for losing a brawl. Try different team and ability load-out strategies if you are unable to beat an opponent, or come back later when you are more powerful.
Cooldown: A period of time after using an ability, where the ability is not able to be used. Timers vary.
Dodge: Chance to avoid an attack completely
Armor: Absorbs incoming damage (Cannot be bypassed like Shields can)
Purge: Removes attack or defense buff on the enemy Bakugan
Cleanse: Removes debuffs from Bakugan
Critical Hit: Gives your Bakugan a random chance to do double damage on each attack.
Haste: Decrease the cooldown time of all Baku-Abilities (refreshes abilities faster)
Piercing Damage: This damage is not stopped by Shields
Slow: Increase the Cooldown time of all Baku-abilities (takes longer to use)
Stun: Makes the affected Bakugan unable to use Baku-Abilities for duration the stun effect is applied
DoT (Damage over Time) : Deals damage periodically as long as the effect is active
Energy Drain: Drains one Bakugan’s energy and gives it to the opposing Bakugan.
Faction: Different factions are represented by different colors and names. Each faction is strong against one other faction and weak against two. Be mindful of this!
While there are many Bakugan to begin with, there are also many factions that each Bakugan is able to be part of. These Factions have inherent advantages and disadvantages against one another. Specifically, each faction is strong against one other faction and weak against two other factions.
When you select a Bakugan in the “Team Menu” you will see what that specific faction is either strong or weak against! The Current Factions are as follows
Each Faction can only use Baku-Abilities intended for its own specific Faction. Be sure to build a well-rounded team so you have the biggest advantage possible against every challenge you encounter. You can also swap out members of your team for an advantage, depending on the situation.
Each Bakugan has many different abilities they are able to use. These are available as rewards from quests, brawls, and can even be bought in local shops!
- Each Baku-Ability has a specific cooldown period
- Each Baku-Ability has a specific energy requirement in order to use
- Each ability will list its effect, as well as the damage they inflict.
- Some Abilities are defensive, while others are used mainly to do damage. Some Abilities heal, while others apply a buff or de-buff. Be sure to read the description for the Abilities to find out what it does. A good balance on every Bakugan can help in brawls!
- Baku-Abilities are faction-dependent and can only be equipped to Bakugan with a matching faction. (I.E Pyrus faction can not use a Darkus Baku-Ability)
Brawlers are just as important as Bakugan! Every encounter requires teamwork between Bakugan and Brawler. So make sure to equip your Brawler with Abilities! Each ability will offer a different passive effect that can make a huge difference when racing your opponents to collect BakuCores scattered around the Hyde Matrix!
Brawler Abilities can be:
- Earned from Quests
- Bought at the Store
- Found through adventuring
If you have any technical issues in-game and need to speak with Customer Support, please contact support at https://www.spinmaster.com/en-US/customer-support/email-support