Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of game is MultiVersus?
MultiVersus is an all-new free-to-play, platform fighter videogame. With an ever-expanding cast of iconic characters and legendary universes, MultiVersus will feature multiple online modes, including a team-based 2 vs. 2 format, 1 vs. 1 matches and 4-player free-for-all, along with upcoming content-filled seasons.
Who is developing MultiVersus?
Player First Games is developing MultiVersus.
Who is publishing MultiVersus?
Warner Bros. Games is publishing MultiVersus.
When does MultiVersus release?
MultiVersus is scheduled for worldwide release in 2022.
What platforms will MultiVersus be available on?
MultiVersus will be available for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 consoles, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One consoles and PC.
Which PC platforms will MultiVersus be available on?
MultiVersus will be available on PC via Steam.
Will MultiVersus have cross-play and cross-progression?
Yes. MultiVersus will have full cross-play and cross-progression support across all launch platforms.
Which characters will be available in MultiVersus?
MultiVersus will feature a variety of fighters and personalities to team up with or compete against, along with an all-star cast of talent lending their voices to the game, including:
- Batman (DC) – voiced by Kevin Conroy
- Superman (DC) – voiced by George Newbern
- Wonder Woman (DC) – voiced by Abby Trott
- Harley Quinn (DC) – voiced by Tara Strong
- Shaggy (Scooby-Doo) – voiced by Matthew Lillard
- Bugs Bunny (Looney Tunes) – voiced by Eric Bauza
- Arya Stark (Game of Thrones) – voiced by Maisie Williams
- Jake the Dog (Adventure Time) – voiced by John DiMaggio
- Finn the Human (Adventure Time) – voiced by Jeremy Shada
- Steven Universe (Steven Universe) – voiced by Daniel DiVenere
- Garnet (Steven Universe) – voiced by Estelle
- Tom & Jerry voiced by Eric Bauza
- Reindog (an extraordinary original creature)
- Velma (Scooby-Doo) – voiced by Kate Mucucci
- Tasmanian Devil a.k.a Taz (Looney Tunes) – voiced by Jim Cummings
- Iron Giant (The Iron Giant) – voiced by Jon Lipow
Will additional characters be added to MultiVersus?
Yes. Many more characters will be continually added to MultiVersus. The game will also have upcoming content-filled seasons for players to enjoy.
What type of modes will MultiVersus have?
MultiVersus will introduce a team-based 2 vs. 2 format with a strong emphasis on online cooperative gameplay. The game will also include 1 vs. 1 matches and a 4-player free-for-all mode where only one fighter can come out on top. As the worldwide release approaches, more modes will be revealed as part of the game’s on-going content updates.
Will MultiVersus have rollback netcode?
Yes, MultiVersus will have dedicated server-based rollback netcode to support online gameplay.
How much will MultiVersus cost?
MultiVersus is a free-to-play game with in-game purchases.
Will there be opportunities to play MultiVersus before the worldwide release?
Yes. Registration for upcoming playtests is available now at MultiVersus.com. Please note, registration does not guarantee entry.
When is the MultiVersus Closed Alpha?
The Closed Alpha has officially ended. Thank you to everyone that participated. More information about our upcoming Open Beta coming soon.
When is the MultiVersus Open Beta?
The Open Beta will be available July 2022. More details will be provided at a later date.
If you have any questions that are not answered by the FAQ above, please select 'Ask for Help' at the top of this page or go to https://go.wbgames.com/WBHelp to submit a help request.